Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 5 Reading Relfection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
I was very surprised by how much must be considered when starting up a new business. There are so many pitfalls that seem very challenging to try and avoid on your own. Also, the “A New Venture Idea Checklist” is long and extensive. There are so many different perspectives of starting up a business that must be considered, or your business will fail.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I was pretty confused with the different roles in the failure prediction model. I didn’t really understand why the author was talking about an entrepreneur and manager relationship. I really didn’t understand what the author was getting at at all.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Could an entrepreneur delegate some of these responsibilities, like in the new venture idea checklist? I would want to ask the author this because I am interested in how one person can accomplish all of that on their own and have a successful business. I assume an entrepreneur can delegate, but then that makes me think of them more as a manager than an entrepreneur.
What do you think is a characteristic of an entrepreneur whom is able to successfully accomplish all of the responsibilities? I am curious what the author thinks makes an entrepreneur able to accomplish all of this to avoid a new start up failure.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I didn’t think the author was wrong about anything. It’s very hard to disagree with a textbook since everything is backed up with facts and sources. The author doesn’t include opinions and is very thorough in his explanations.



No comments:

Post a Comment